Thursday 20 December 2012

To Napier

Lyall picked us up from the hotel for our drive to Napier with Clodagh taking over the driving partway through.

We drove through some lovely countryside with a brief stop to admire the view over a reservoir.

 

Our aim was to the Hawks Bay area with a view to finding a winery for lunch. Lyall sought out a recommendation and directions tonElephant Hill winery, which we found was only about 10k from Napier.

 

We had a very pleasant lunch in the sunshine looking over the vines to the bay. Lyall and I shared one of their Sauvignon Blancs and Clodagh continued our drive to Napier.

 

Our hotel is one of the many splendid Art Deco buildings of the town and looks out over the sea.

 

 

 

 

 

When Clodagh and I found our room I used the bathroom; came out and Clodagh had disappeared; I called out and she said she was in the bathroom. Two bathrooms? I checked mine and saw there was a door to the next room and someone's washing kit by the basin. I hastily retreated and tried to lock the door to no avail. We were moved and to a far better room!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment